SUNDAYS AT 9 MILE RECREATION AREA
EVERY SUNDAY BEGINNING IN JANUARY (IF CHALET IS OPEN!)
FROM 2:00 – 3:00 PM
- January 8
- January 15
- January 29
- February 5
- February 12 (make-up date)
- February 19 (make-up date)
The Wausau Nordic Ski Club will again host the Snow Striders program for children in grades kindergarten(K4) through 3rd grade. The program is intended to be fun and get the kids used to being on skis for the enjoyment of our winter. You can use your own equipment or you can use equipment for our rental inventory at no cost.
The program starts on January 8th and is run each Sunday until February 5. There are make-up dates on February 12th and 19th in case we have to cancel one of the other sessions. Attendance at each session is not mandatory, but of course, the more often you can attend, the more you learn.
The cost of this program is FREE for club members. There is no non-member rate. If you need to get a family membership, go to our Membership page and obtain a family membership. To sign your child up for the Snow Striders program, simply click on the Snow Striders sign-up button on this page. If you have multiple children in the program, please sign up all of them as we need their information to make sure we have equipment for them.
We are looking for additional help for this program and ask that parents volunteer to help at 2 more more sessions. Parents are also encouraged to help out on the trails and practice area and just need to wear skis or snowshoes. No experience is needed to help. You can sign-up for specific dates to lend a hand by clicking on here.
1:15 – 2:00 – Check-in and Equipment pickup.
2:00 – 3:00 – On-snow activities. (fun stuff)
3:00 – 3:15 – Return equipment
Besides the Snow Strider program, Nine Mile offers young children a “Kids Adventure Trail”, the Cookie Trail, and our Olympic Field of Dreams.
Safe Sport Certification
The Wausau Nordic Ski Club requires our program leads for youth programs to be Safe Sport Certified. All other Snow Strider coaches, helpers and parents are strongly encouraged to complete the free “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport” at https://safesporttrained.org/
Background checks are conducted for all assigned coaches/managers for youth programs.
Latest Snow Strider News
- March NewsletterMARCH NEWSLETTER Not Done Yet – Yes, the days are getting longer and our thoughts are turning to bicycles, hiking shoes, and paddle sports. But there are always a few perfect Spring days to get out and enjoy skiing in the bright sunshine. And this is a great time to try something new, like skating, or […]
- Snow Strider Registration is OpenRegistration for the Snow Striders program that is held in January and Febuary is now open for the coming season. The program is free to members, but sign-up is requried and you can find a link to the registration page below. If you are not currently a club member, you can sign-up following the instructions […]
- Snow Striders Start in JanuaryThe Snow Striders program will once again be offed for kids in K4-3rd Grade. The programs will kick off on January 8 and run for 5 weeks every Sunday at 2:00 pm. For information on our program, visit our Snow Striders program page. Equipment is provided, if needed. The cost of the […]