January 9, 2022
The Snekkevik Ski Race is the oldest continuing organized ski race in the state held in January at Nine Mile Forest.
The race events are a combined effort of the Wausau Nordic Ski Club and area HS and MS teams.
There are several events for both youth and adults. Adults options include a 12K Classic race, 12K Freestyle and a 24K Freestyle race. They can even try their hand at both Classic and Freestyle disciplines. The HS event is a 6K Classic race and the MS event is a 3.5K Classic race. Plus, all participants will be entered in a raffle for many prizes donated by our sponsors.
- Adult 12K – $25
- HS and MS Races – $10
- 1K Children’s Race – Free
- Adults: Add $10 to do both the classic and freestyle races.
- 24K FS and 12K Classic – $45
- 12 FS and 12 K Classic – $35
All races will use either a small wave, rolling wave, or interval start to maintain proper social distancing. This will be announced as we approach the race day and determine the best approach.
- 8:00 AM – Registration Opens
- 09:00 AM – 12K Skate Adults 19 & Over
- 9:15 AM – 12 K Classic Adults 19 & Over
- 10:30 AM – 6 K Classic HS Boys – Classic
- 10:45 AM – 6 K Classic HS Girls – Classic
- 11:15 AM – 3.5 K Classic MS Boys – Classic
- 11:30 AM – 3.5 K MS Girls – Classic
- 11:35 AM – 1-2K Children’s Event 9 & under (not timed)
Techniques and schedules are subject to change based on conditions, so check back before race day for updates.
Awards and Prizes:
- High School and Middle School: Top three male and female skiers in the following grade categories: 4-6, 7-8, 9-10 and 11-12.
- Top Male and Female skiers in Adult races. No age group awards.
- Every participant is included in drawings for prizes donated by our sponsors. Names will be drawn after registration closes and winners will be posted in the chalet.
Information on the final race course configuration will be posted as it becomes available. We have several options and the final course selection will be dependent on the snow conditions to make the best course possible.
Register online at Run SignUp closer to the start of the season for team and individual sign up.
Contact Jeanne Alexejun at firstname.lastname@example.org (715)214-8188 with questions.